Some real impressive lights

alee

Newly Enlightened
911.jpg

More pics

The first set of pics is from outside my building where the family entrance was to the 9/11 ceremony. The next group is various pics of the Tribute in Light, the Holland Tunnel vents lit up, followed by numerous pics from the Sphere at Battery Park. The final few are close-ups of the Tribute in Light, followed by the last 2 pics as viewed from my building.

Other than being chased out of the World Financial Center for having a tripod (a big no-no I guess... I was pretty sure I was going to jail at one point), it was a quiet night in NYC.

robk

Enlightened
New York, New York! Boy I miss it, living down here in the swamps of Florida! I spent the first 20 years of my life 30 miles North on NY, then I went to college in Brooklyn (watching the WTC's being built as we sometimes walked across the Brooklyn Bridge). Lived in Queens for a year or so, company apartment, temporary. If I had the bucks, I'd buy a condo overlooking Central Park, and have lunches at Serendipity III with the famous people! I miss Radio Row (vesey st, courtland st) that was displaced to Canal st. Great electronics surplus stores.
Rob

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
amazing pics!
lights are pretty sexy also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I always hated that sphere when it was at the WTC - it was a big "blah" where it was. Now it's much more than it was... Can you say art transformed into something MUCH MUCH more...