Fenix TK15 mode selection problems (brand new)

RSnatch

Newly Enlightened
I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum...

I just got my first Fenix - the TK15, however, I can't access all modes. By following the instructions in the owner's manual, I fully depressed the tail switch, and it comes on in the memorized mode. But when I cycle through the modes with the side dimmer switch, only two modes are available, and I don't know which two modes it is.

Here's what happens. I fully depress the tail switch and then use the side dimmer switch to cycle the light off. Then I press it one time, and the light doesn't come on. I press the side switch once again, and a mode comes on (I don't know if it's low, mid, or high but appears to be either low or mid). Upon the 3rd press, the light power increases (once again, I don't know if it's mid, high, or turbo but appears to be either mid or high). After the 4th press, it goes off. After the 5th press, nothing happens. After the 6th press, the light comes on in the first mode referenced above. Holding the side dimmer switch down selects the strobe mode, which is what's described in the manual.

I have tried it with brand-new and unused Rayovac Lithium Cells and Browning Brand (I don't know who makes them for Browning) cells, and it's the same result.

Am I doing something wrong? Has someone encountered this before?