"Macs EDC XM-L when's the sign up? "

LichtAn!

Enlightened
Re: "Macs EDC XM-L when's the sign up? "

I'm also interested about that. I'm thinking of buying an EDC, but neither the beam of the Tri EDC nor the SST-50 are what I'm looking for. Any plans on that? Is the pricing the same as the SST-50 or even lower?

flashflood

Enlightened

+1. I will definitely get one, and if I like it, will get several more as gift lights. It's a timeless, gorgeous design.

Things I'd value in the XM-L EDC:

(1) Reflector (just like SST-50 model), not optic.
(2) 18350 support.
(3) Optional longer body for 18650, ideally Lego-able with normal body.
(4) 6500K U2-1C or U2-1D. (Download mentioned that he is testing U2-1C, so it does exist.)
(5) 3.5A max drive = 1,000 lumens. Maybe only for the copper model. ;)

Willing to pay a premium for longer body, brighter LED, higher-power driver (I'm assuming 2.8A would be the default). Also willing to sign any necessary waivers for (5). ;)

Last edited:

flashflood

Enlightened

Bump. Hoping that Mac will weigh in here...

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have been carrying an XM-L EDC for sometime and it's to date it's my favorite. As soon as a catch up the the tri-edc's I will open up a run.

Thanks Mac

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened

I dont even understand what this is. Help me out.

DaGreenLantern

Newly Enlightened

......Me too, Me too, i really want a TRI-XML EDC 2.8A though, i wonder what something like that would run me......??????

rich297

Newly Enlightened

I dont even understand what this is. Help me out.

Mac's next run of EDC lights will feature the new XM-L light engine rather than the XPG. The XM-L is more efficient & brighter. I'm not sure if Mac plans to do a triple or single emitter configuration. The XM-L LED's are larger than the XPG and might be too tight a fit for triple configuration. But if anyone can do it, it's Mac.

flashflood

Enlightened

Mac's next run of EDC lights will feature the new XM-L light engine rather than the XPG. The XM-L is more efficient & brighter. I'm not sure if Mac plans to do a triple or single emitter configuration. The XM-L LED's are larger than the XPG and might be too tight a fit for triple configuration. But if anyone can do it, it's Mac.

I asked him that a while ago, he said that triple wouldn't fit. Just as well: you couldn't run a light this small much above 10 watts anyway. Also, a triple this small would necessarily use optics rather than reflectors, and IMO reflectors produce nicer beams.

Jetpowered

Newly Enlightened

I like the traditional reflector, but after owning both types of Mac's EDCs, I'm sold on the optics. That Tri-EDC is just fine IMHO.

faco

Enlightened

I have been carrying an XM-L EDC for sometime and it's to date it's my favorite. As soon as a catch up the the tri-edc's I will open up a run.

Thanks Mac

Oh No..........time to do some more overtime :broke:

Catch up with the Tri-EDCs Mac, I'm hanging out to get mine delivered :D

flashflood

Enlightened

Thanks Mac

I see you just caught up on the Tri-EDCs... :whistle:

Sorry about all the drool, but I learned about your EDC lights and the Cree XM-L at about the same time, and have been waiting for this moment ever since, credit card in hand...

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast

I too am awaiting the XML run. When will you offer neutral XML's Mac?

eala

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened

I can finally order a Copper Mac Torch. :thumbsup:

I'm in.