can some one expalin pay pal to me

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well it took me forever to sign up for it with my typeing.i joined so i can buy and sell with no credit and didnt want to use bank acct. but because of that it says im Unverified
does that mean i cant buy and sell now.any help would be aprachated i cant figure it out

Saaby

Flashaholic
PayPal is just a way to transfer money. You really need to pair it with a credit card or bank account to do anything with it. See if you can open another account at your bank (Or open an account period) for your PayPal transactions.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o i had some stuff to buy.and was selling some stuff so my plan was soon as the buyer of my stuff.transfers funds to my acount .i was going to by a light i was looking at with pay pal.lol stinks not to have a credit card.but then again id be in debt to my ears with em.id hate to open a new bank account for a few lights.but they are addictive lol

Saaby

Flashaholic
If you already have a bank account you can likely easily add an account. I was spending too much of my money so I opened a second savings account not linked to PayPal to stow and save my moeny. All I had to do was call and ask. The advantage to having a bank account is you can transfer money to it from PayPal. PayPal in the past has 'froozen' accounts. When that happens you basically loose all your money in your account. Not a problem if your moeny is in the bank instead.

Also, money in the bank earns interest for just sitting there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif not much, but every little (tiny) bit helps

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
As another Paypal user with no credit cards, I have my Paypal account linked to my bank account, and I still have that asinine "Unverified Address" thing. As I understand, you need both a bank account AND a credit card to get a "Verified Address" shown. Some sellers (like on ebay) adamantly specify "No unverified address for Paypal" on their listing, but there's not all that many of them compared to ebay sellers that don't have that restriction.

As for having a Paypal account locked, if somebody pays you for something with a stolen credit card, that could happen.
But if you deal with honest people, or set the account up as such as to not accept credit cards, you probably won't get locked out.

Just my 2¢. Your results may vary.

Latest posts