New energizer led light at wallyworld!

blademan

Enlightened
Just went walmart and saw the new led lights. Unfornuately my flashlight allowance was blown out on my L4 so I wasn't able to buy any new toys. The most interesting light was an energizer updated version of an arcwhite. It had a single nichia in the flashlight part and a flouresent on the side. As soon as my stash money builds back up I'm going to ga crazy. Just thought I'd post about the new light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

deww

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I just saw the same flashlight yesterday the Energizer Trailfinder and I was not able to resist the temptation. I don't own any equipment to really test them out or take pictures, and I might not use the proper terminology, but here goes my impression. I will post more later on as well as I didn't test everything out, just the one flashlight. In a completely darkened house (shades drawn and at 9PM), it had a focused beam. It looks a lot like the output of the Brinkmann Rebel, but it has a hint of blue where as the Rebel is more yellow. It has a darker circle around the focused beam, which I didn't think was very useful. It didn't seem to produce a lot of light for 4 AA batteries. I might add more impressions later on. I've a couple of other low cost LED flashlights as well and I might place them side by side to write up a better impression of, along with my ARC-AAA.

I'm curious about the headmounted LEDs which are also available at Walmart. Namely, 2 LED - 3xAAA and 3 LED - 2 x 2032. I'm curious as to how well they work and the battery life, especially of the 3 LED version which uses two 2032 batteries. Also.. energizer also came out with a rechargeable single LED flashlight used for emergencies. It uses a single NiMH AA battery and here's a link http://www.energizer.com/products/flashlights/flashlight.asp?cat=5&id=6.
I might get one, but it appears to be quite bulky.

blademan

Enlightened
I wish I had time to read the whole forum because it has so much information. Missed that one!