iTP R01: Looking for advice

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

It's not like I need another light but I recently came across the R01 by iTP and it caught my eye.

My experience with flashlights is limited to AA and AAA battery use. I can also say that, to my knowledge, the only products I have that currently use Li-ion batteries would be my cell phone, camera, and laptop. I do have some questions with regards to it's battery:

1) Being that the R01 comes with it's own specialized battery, would I need to take care not to over discharge the battery or would the light be safe to use for most of it's 2hr runtime?

2) The holiday bundle option includes an extra battery. Would there be any danger of leaving it in the box unused? My dog would be at home with it and I wouldn't want anything to happen.

3) Also included in the bundle is a solar charger. It might say in the manual, but any idea on charge times using the solar charger? I know PC charging is at about 6hrs.

I like the concept of having a rechargeable light (even though all my current lights use rechargeable batteries). There's an appeal in being able to leave the battery in the light to charge. The R01's size is also a plus, and from the limited reviews/beamshots I have seen it has pretty good throw to it.

On a side note, I also looked at the Dorcy 41-4299 but don't like that it uses NiCd. If there are any other rechargeable lights that can be recommended that would be great.