Making / buying an LED spotlight, 2000 OTF lumens range

earthlight

Newly Enlightened
I noticed this product:

http://www.foxfury.com/catalog/produ...sasucbb074inf2

At the end of this vid they show it without the diffuser lens. It seems to give a nice tight spot.

I wonder if there are cheaper alternatives. I would hook it onto a generic lightstand (that the renovation guys use with halogens) and power it via a 12V car battery.

As it is, I need an extremely bright spotlight. So far I have been using a 50W HID modded Cyclops X-15. We modded is so that it gives the tightest possible beam.

But I'd like to go LED for the increased runtime and better portability.

Earthlight

cistallus

Enlightened
Rest of the original thread as recovered from cache

Re: Making / buying an LED spotlight, 2000 OTF lumens range
Written by cistallus on 12-28-2010 03:45 AM GMT

Olight SR90?

Written by earthlight on 12-28-2010 05:25 AM GMT

Olight SR90?
Thanks for the tip! I did not find a car battery charging option, which is very imporant to me. I need many hours of continuous runtime in freezing conditions (-7 - -30 degrees Celsius). Thanks for the tip! I did not find a car battery charging option, which is very imporant to me. I need many hours of continuous runtime in freezing conditions (-7 - -30 degrees Celsius).

Earthlight

Written by cistallus on 12-28-2010 04:38 PM GMT

earthlight said:
Thanks for the tip! I did not find a car battery charging option, which is very imporant to me. I need many hours of continuous runtime in freezing conditions (-7 - -30 degrees Celsius).
The SR90 is very capable but I don't quite think it will charge the car's battery. Oh, you mean the other way around! The SR90 is very capable but I don't quite think it will charge the car's battery. Oh, you mean the other way around! :D

You could just use a generic car 12v to 120V adapter then plug the SR90's charger into that.

Written by srfreddy on 12-28-2010 04:45 PM GMT

or you could fashion your own, as the sr-90 charger simply converts to 12v......that could work. I warn you though, the sr-90 pulls more power on high than your car is gonna supply! :naughty: :devil:

Written by cistallus on 12-28-2010 04:56 PM GMT

(never mind, duplicate post)