Surefire L4

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East
Just got this and what can I say?

Finally, an LED light that is WHITE!!!

Makes my second ARC LSH-P look PURPLE! By second I mean the first one was more purple! I got accustomed to it and compared to the L4, there is no comparison!

It's overcast right now and if I shine it on the blinds, the colour blends PERFECTLY with the daylight! Colours look very accurate with this light. The ARC is purple (with a touch of pink--like some lightning!) next to it, not to mention dimmer.

One question remains though...

Is this light submersible? Will it get wrecked if I throw it in my pool?

EDIT: This is a KL4 if that makes a difference!

Cheers!

RevDavid

Enlightened
I agree with you on the quality of the L4. It is an awesome light. Before I got one, I was surprised at how some users raved about it. Now I believe it!

PS... You might pick up an E1E at some point, and try the TW4 conversion. I EDC the TW4, and though it is not as bright, it is still bright enough for a lot of general use, is noticeably shorter, and runs a lot cooler. Or you could just use it as an E1E!

David <><

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
nonetheless if it has all the gaskets and O-rings installed, it should be able to resist water pretty well, just don't take it diving because it won't hold up to as much water pressure as a diving light would /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I am confident that an off-the-shelf L4 can handle a quick dip. They are designed to be highly water-resistant.
"waterproof" is a term I use for when something has a depth rating (and very few retail SureFires are rated waterproof)

Al

Darell

Flashaholic
My L4s have been underwater a few times with no problems. This is AFTER I added the gaskets to the head, however. They should all be coming with the gaskets now...