Hi/Seeking Advice for EDC Flashlight (Specific Reqs)

Z

z_D4rkRXN

First of all I would like to say hi to everyone! I was looking into buying a flashlight and I came across this forum. Seems like a rather cool place! ;)

I was hoping I could utilize all of your considerable knowledge and expertise in flashlights to help me pick the right one. It would be most appreciated. :)

I am looking for flashlight that can be comfortably carried in the front pocket of my jeans or in a coat/jacket pocket for random night excursions. I'm completely new to buying flashlights and so this will be my first serious flashlight. I want something that will last at least a few years and it will likely be the only flashlight I own for a while.

Requirements:
  • LED
  • Not too pricey ($50 is about my upper limit)
  • LED
  • not too bulky/heavy (For EDC)
  • AA or AAA batteries (Prefer AA as I already have NiMH AA and charger.)
  • Forward clicky (Is the danger of accidental activation great? I guess I can live w/ a reverse clicky or maybe a twisty switch)
  • 2 light levels (More is ok but I prefer simple. As long as I can use it for close up work and also checking out the backyard)
  • Type III anodizing (preferred)
  • Sturdy pocket clip (not necessary as long as it is comfortable to carry in pocket)

That's about it. I'm willing to compromise on some features if there is a flashlight that is better but doesn't have them.

I did some of my own researching and came across the Fenix L1T which seems to fit my requirements. Correct me if I'm wrong? The only thing it doesn't have is the pocket clip. Those of you who have it what do you think about it? Comfortable to pocket carry? Not easy to accidentally turn on?

It's pretty much the same price as the LD10 so I'm wondering if I should get that instead. From what I gather though it isn't a forward clicky and is heavier and larger.

So flashlight experts: What should I get? :D