Lights out, Transformer down!!!

Tiresius

Enlightened
Last night, some noob driver ran over a transformer box for my neighborhood. The whole neighborhood died and guess what? No electricity!!!

Before I leave my room to babysit on graveyard shifts, I lock up my room--which contains my treasured lights.

1226101938-00.jpg

I got a phone call while working and they asked if the lights were dead here too. Then they asked me where I left my key to open my room. HAHAHA!!! Um yea, it's here with my car keys.

Everyone lit up candles at home. When I got home, it was still dark and the candles were flickering. Lucky for me, I got the luxury of eating, showering and using the bathroom without walking around with a dim candle. The joys of owning LED lights that can run for hours.

I'd say getting an ITP A2 or A3 with the 3-mode proved to be useful for these situation because they're good for long run time and the burst of bright light when needed. Not to mention, dirt cheap for a quality light.

I'm still laughing at some of them because I gave away 3 Surefire lights. The G2 with XPG for my dad, U2 for my brother and a 6P to my sister. One didn't bring his light from Sacramento, my dad didn't kept his battery charged and my sister lost hers...The irony of treating something like dirt when we didn't buy it ourselves...

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the irony would've been if if the house had burned down because everyone had to use candles instead of the flashlights...

If I'd tried something like that when I was living at home, my dad would've simply popped the doorknob off and gotten in regardless whether he had a key; and fair enough, it's his house after all! :D

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what came to mind as I read the OP.

Open flames inside the home are to be avoided

Indeed. And since it was mentioned, I feel I should say...

That it is shocking and terrifying how QUICKLY a fire can spread out of control inside a home. One time at my parent's house, there was a lit candle on the kitchen counter. Somehow or another a breeze or draft caused the end of a roll of paper towels to drift close enough to the candle to ignite, and almost instantly the big roll of paper towels turned into a bonfire on the kitchen counter! Fortunately, my dad wasn't far away, and managed to somehow toss the roll into the sink where he extinguished it with the spray nozzle. If he hadn't been there to act right away, the fire would've spread within seconds and they probably would've lost most, or all, of the house.

Draz

Newly Enlightened
what a strange way to prove a point about needing flashaholics around:devil: Glad it wasn't a fire however. What is that big pink thing in that pic:confused:

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
You lock your own family out of rooms in their own house?

Probably locking siblings out. I had three younger brothers, I would have liked to be able to keep them locked out. :)

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
It got me thinking the OP gave away a some Surefires but locks away the Coleman Brinkman and whatever that pink one is, are they modded or something?