Retro & Christmas Candlepower Contrasts

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 84 year old mother has been giving the gift of light for decades, which is why I may be a Flashaholic. I have a small museum of lighted tools and other oddities from the 80s to present.

This year Mom gave me a Bil Lite SUL. Wasnt that new in 2003 when I joined the CPF? She found another gem in one of her gift catalogs -- an Apollo brand, Mr. 7 Hands, LED flashlight with seven screwdrivers built in. This year I got her back with a lighted nail file.

Coincidentally, my son gave me another dinosaur -- a Mag 6D. Yeah, Baby, now I'm a real man! I took that monster to all the relatives we visited. I wouldn't have purchased one, myself, but I'm happy to have that iconic monster.

Unknown to the rest of my family, I had already provided some sanity and balance to my flashlight needs as it was about 2 1/2 years since I bought a good light. 4 Sevens provided a beautiful Q-Mini in my first titanium light. For $20 an iTP AAA provided an upgrade to my original Fenix LOD.

I'm happy to say that in spite of tight times, I was fortunate enough to gift myself and others this year, who need it more. I'm so very fortunate having a loving family, I wish all could be so lucky.

Happy New Years ... I hope!