Olight T15 R5 Tactical, Anyone like it?

casebomber

Newly Enlightened
Okay, so, I just got this light (my first Olight) and my initial impressions are not good. Maybe someone can help me to understand any upsides to this light. I got mine for half price, but had I paid the full 50 or so, I'd be pissed!

I thought Olights were supposed to be relative to Fenix quality, but it definitely seems lower qual.

When I first received the light it was near impossible to change modes even with two hands! I used silicon grease as lube which actually made it worse. Threads filled with grey material constantly, no matter how often I cleaned it. Now I put some Nyogel on it and it's waaaay better, but still not smooth like any of my other lights.

The medium mode is a joke! (110 vs 115, if I recall correctly!) I have only used aa duraloops, so maybe if I were to dive into the world of lith rechargeables I could get the modes spaced further and a difference between med and high? Anyone have experience with this light on 14500?

False information as to brightness and runtime depending on where you look (I get slightly less than the packaging states (~19hrs low, less than 1hr high,) which isn't too bad.

I thought this light had a green tint, until I compared it to my 4sevens s2! :laughing:

Oh yeah, and the holster fell apart withing the first hour of use.

Latest posts