Favorite 2010 builds : / Mods

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me 2010 is ending with a bang , or should that be bang for buck !

The XM-L's came out just before Christmas ..

In 2010 I did 4 mods that are outstanding , and I cant live without ...

One of my fav builds/mods = Ultrafire RL-168

Was Osram [ horrible beam ] , and since I had a few SSC P4's floating about , I moded it to P4 , and is it nice or what .. On a 14500 it is just so nice , real nice beam , and throws well for such a small light , output is nothing to brag about , but it just works so well . Im tempted to get another , and doing a XM-L on it .

XM-L T5 Ultrafire A20 ..

As it was stock , it was real nice , on of my favorite RCR123A lights ...

I swapped in the XM-L T5 emitter , and WOW ! , throw is mid range , but the flood and the output , its just amazing from such a small light , talk about a pocket rocket .

XM-L T6 Solarforce L2x

It was going to be SST 50 , but the output was a little lack luster ...

So when the XM-L T6 arrived from HK , I had to build a new drop in for the L2x ... WOW , I was expecting more , but its still very nice , around 100L more than the A20 T5 mod ...

Im going to play with some driver's and driver mod's to see if I cant increase the output ...

[ Samsung 30A pushes harder , probably due to the slight voltage increase at the start = 4.35v VS 4.2v / It does help ]

Solarforce L2P + Dual XP-G R5

Cutting two 10mm boards so that the emitters could sit side by side for 2 x XP-G R5 worked well , not bush league , and very flood'y beam , but the XM-L makes it redundant .

2011 looks interesting , and there should be a flood of XM-L mods , and why not , the XM-L pumps ...

And I can really see it working in EDC lights , a lot of power in a small package , making older larger lights almost redundant ..

I did quite a few mods in 2010 , but these 4 are the ones I now cant live without , and are my most reached for lights ...

Latest posts