Tigerlight, 8nx, LSH-P beamshotz

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope these are helpful to someone. I know there are loads of shots out there, but here's mine. I was hoping to show relative lumen output as well as beam shape, but the Tigerlight sort of blows the camera's CCD. (I borrowed my wife's relatively new Cannon S400 and was fiddling with its semi-manual mode.)

fb1bac35.jpg

Obviously, the LSH-P is on top, the 8nx at lower-left, and the Tigerlight is the one so bright it's overloading the CCD. Also notable, I believe my last 8nx lamp was noticeably brighter and whiter than this one, so YMMV.

fb1bac30.jpg

I was hoping this would show the shapes in the Tigerlight's beam. Maybe it's the jpeg compression that smoothes it out. I'll try another non-jpeg later. You can sort of make out the two split spots, one on top of the other, looking sorta like a cheeseburger in the brightest part, but the hashed crossed lines at each side from the electrodes casting against the reflector aren't really discernable.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slow Friday night for you too, huh? hehe. j/k. Nice beam shots.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
"True-dat", as they say. The kids are finally in bed and my feeble brain's fried & ready for the weekend. Plus, I needed to empty the camera's RAM then get it onto a CD, so while I was playing with the thing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Peter,

That's pretty much what my beam looks like too.

I think that you have to underexpose the shot to get the cross hatches to show up. It could be that the camera does not have the latitude to record everything, but I choose to believe that the hot spot from the TigerLight is just too bright...

Tom

Latest posts