Jetbeam RRT-0 variants...

Z

z_macnoodle

Please bear with me. I have tried searching but the only thread that I could find that referenced the differences between the two variants (that I am aware of) only did so in passing.

So I need to know - what are the differences between the Jetbeam Raptor RRT-0 R2 and the RRT-0 R5? I know about the max output being 255 Lumens for the R5 version, but are there any other differences? If anyone here has tried/owned both, I'd appreciate you sharing your experiences.

Things you should know:

1) I'd rather have a more floody light over a tight thrower with not enough spill, or spill that is not bright enough (I have other lights for throw). As long as it's a nice beam, with smooth transition, I'll take a floodier light every time (for EDC purposes).

2) I will be using this mostly with AA batteries, so the max output of 255 Lumens with the R5 version will be mostly wasted on me (and I suspect the difference between 255 and 240 would be negligible anyway, all other things being equal). Are there other advantages to the R5 version, or is the R2 version the better pick?

If you could also share your experiences regarding build quality, toughness, reliability and (quite important for my intended use) runtimes, that would be great. Thanks in advance!