Programmable AAAs - nothing new in 2010 (also: question re Drako, Liteflux)

greentee

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

I'm a bit disappointed since obviously, there's no successor to the Liteflux Lf2xT, and no other light seems to compete for its position. Do you know of any developments that are coming up soon that might rival the Lf?

I have a Drake and a Lf2x (not xt), and I'm looking for a new AAA, thinking

of SteveKu's Lf2xT Titanium mods OR a Draco with AAA body. I tend towards a second-hand Draco (which is, as you know, no longer avaible from Modamag).

I have several questions re the Draco, thanks for your answers in advance:

- Does the AAA tube support Alkaline thow-away batteries?

- Are the heads of the Draco and the Drake identical? I somewhere read the Draco has higher output which seems to me feasible only with a different head, since voltage is the same?

- Stupid question: I tend to put flashlights into my mouth. Yeah, I need my hands free. I have been sucking on the Lf2x (natural HA) quite a bit and it taste somewhat toxic after a while when they become a bit, uhm, wet. Tend to avoid that now. What I'm wondering is, do you think it's dangerous to suck on Modamag's Chrome coatings? I found them quite neutral, just shouldn't grind with your teeth on them, I guess? What do you think? (Yeah, I know this sounds weird and I wrote it in a deliberately weird style -- I'm still serious about the question though. =)

As we say in Germany, have nice slide into 2011

M.