Serious suggestion for future LS lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterW

Enlightened
Here's an idea to make the 'ultimate torch'. The (planned) LS5 will give us a small package that will allow us to vary the output from glow to a full 5W.
Would it be possible to develop a 'screw-on' add-on lens to the end of the torch to allow us to convert the normal beam output into something more floodlike, for close up work. Either a diffuser, fresnel lens or lens?

Then we would have variable ouput power and variable beam.... but WITHOUT all the ugly beam defects that normally associated with adjustable torches. Keeping the lovely smooth beam that LED's are famous for!

Worth an try?? Worth saving up for too.

Cheers

PEterW

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Peter,

Welcome to CPF.

If I'm not mistaken the SureFire F04 diffuser is the right size to fit on the Arc LS4 and LS5, whose diameters are being increased just a little to a full inch at the head. In fact, the F04 would fit the current LSH if a little tape is first wrapped around the light.

I have also discovered a need for a flood beam. My SureFire L4 has a fairly wide beam, but I'd like it even broader at times -- like for reading during a blackout. So I'm getting one the F04s from SureFire the next time I get a supply of batteries.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Paul

P.S. I like your handle. It's somehow hauntingly familiar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
PeterW, meet PaulW.
PaulW, meet PeterW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I run the F04 on both my KL1s, and before that one on my E2. It's the handiest little thing, cutting down on the blinding close-range hotspot and making the light more even.

My EDC E1/KL1 almost always has the F04 on it.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well this is a switch, lol!

Most of the time I read comments like... I really like the new LED lights, but their beam is just too wide, anyone know how to make it tighter?

GregR

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Blikbok said:
PeterW, meet PaulW.
PaulW, meet PeterW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
And PeterW, PaulW, meet MaryW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.