Z

z_blah9

Hi everyone!

I've read these forums for a while but only recently signed up. I'm looking forward to learning more and someday modifying flashlights instead of just buying them.

I've had various Maglights, and I bought some drop-in LED mods for them. Then I tried a couple of LED Lenser lights a few years ago as well as a Coleman Max flashlight. Those were all really nice at the time, but I wanted something brighter.

Then I saw the iTP Polestar A6, and I was really blown away. I have a lot of fun with that one. I was a little disappointed after reading on here that it doesn't actually output more than something in the ballpark of 550 lumens rather than 700 (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I think it's still pretty great.

My dad gave my wife and me each a Fenix LD01 for EDC use, and they're great as well. I keep that trusty light on my Leatherman Wave sheath at all times!

I'd been drooling over the Fenix TK45 for a while, and I just received one for Christmas. I love this flashlight! It really blows away the Polestar. I need to pick up some Sanyo Eneloops though because I'm currently running Energizer Lithium batteries that are apparently not recommended. It would also be nice to buy a holster for it sometime. It's not too bad to carry in a jacket pocket, but that won't work in the summer.

It has been a lot of fun to go on night hikes with these lights, but I wish there were more organized ones. Does anyone know of any flashlight-related events around Baltimore? It's more fun to do things like that rather than shine it in the backyard all the time, haha.