If you were on a Desert Island for a week...

Z

z_roberts0909

And could take only one flashlight with an extra set of batteries what would you take?

I'm asking because I'm looking for a good general purpose light, but all of them have some failing or another. Run times in particular can bother me. I'm sure everyone is still looking for that dream light, but for my purposes I can make a few compromises. And the longer I read posts, look at selfbuilt's and others' reviews and beam shots the farther I seem to get from being able to nail down a choice. I can't turn into a collector; I only get one shot.

How it will be used:

The intended uses will be around the house and camping/fishing (My EDC is an IlluminaTI.)

Some lights under consideration (please suggest more! A brief note on the strengths and weaknesses is appreciated):

Olight M30, EagleTac M3C4, Fenix TK40 (probably off the list after reading the UI comments in Wattnot's review), Malkoff Wildcat (is that company in danger of shutting down?), and the Maelstrom G5. I got excited about McGizmos until I found the prices. If Olight's SR90 had more levels I'd seriously think about it.

What I'm looking for in a light:

Id like something smallish (the M30 looks like a good size), reasonably rugged. Easy-moderate UI. Im not really sure how to put this correctly, but somewhat closer to flood than thrower; PoliceScannerMan used the term punchy flood that may best describe what Im looking for. Multimode is a must. I openly admit to never being the guy with lumen envy like on my last outing. If I can read a map at night on Low, find things in the woods on Medium, and lets me bake the paint of the neighbors house on Turbo Im all in!

My budget:

I'd like to stay under $150, which seems pretty easy to do except for the Malkoff. If the bang-for-buck factor is high enough I can increase it, but not enough to include a McGizmo.

Thanks in advance!