multiple e-mails in outlook express?

kev1-1

Enlightened
In outlook express you can send an e-mail to multiple recipients by simply adding a comma after the last e-mail address ([email protected], [email protected], etc)

My question is...drum roll! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif...how can you send an e-mail to multiple recipients but without them being able to see the e-mail address of everyone else you are writing to?

Thanks for any help!

kev1-1

Enlightened
WAIT!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I found out what that is! However, this means that the e-mail will arrive with 'Undisclosed-Recipient' in the To line of the e-mail. Is there a way to simply have the 'To' line list the recipients e-mail address, but not the rest of the list? Thank you though Sasha, that is still an improvement on just having every e-mail visible!

Greta

Flashaholic
Blind Courtesy Copy.

I believe using "bcc" will accomplish what you want kev.

Darell

Flashaholic
NOBODY will see the folks in the BCC list. The BCC list folks won't even see themselves. What I usually do is create a contact with my own email, entitled "Darell's Blind List" or something. That way, everybody sees that it was sent to my secret list, so there is no confusion as to why everything is hidden. It is only officially being sent to me, but all those in the BCC field will get a copy.

Any of this make sense? Everybody in the To: line will see everybody else in the To: line, as will all the BCC folks. But NOBODY will see the folks on the BCC line, including themselves.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
A carry over from the old paper days, "Carbon Copy", so it would be Blind Carbon Copy.
I don't know of any way to put individuals in the To: field, and the rest automatically in the BCC, though, other than just sending them all out separately.
It makes it a bit less personal by not having the To: line filled out, but you could always just put your own address in the To: field, so it has something in there.

Latest posts