Radar Flashlight could assist LEOs

E

EchoSierraTwo

Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) researchers have developed a prototype RADAR flashlight that allows the user to detect a stationary individual located behind a solid wooden door, or standing four feet behind an eight-inch block wall... here and Any LEOs know or have used? Very interesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
... and this is for microwaving suspects?

(Set for three minutes on 'high' or until done.)

It doesn't sound any safer now than it did back in March. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

T_sig6.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a person could warm the coffee that they left in the squad car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Never mind....I'll do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Dan

Experiment_626

Newly Enlightened
The FBI (and prob. other federal agencies) have had a device something like this for at least the last 2 years. From what I was told, it consists of a radar "cone" emmiter (similar to the ones in speed radar guns) that operates at a very high freq., and a dish shaped collector that receives the reflected waves and is cabled to a box about 2/3 the size of a laptop with a small LCD screen. I only saw it from about 20 yards away, but it looked to be fairly accurate in "seeing" movement and object density. The female agent that told me what it was said it was a new device they were testing that came from the same lab that perfected ground-penetrating radar that is used to locate bodies in shallow graves.

I would not be surprised if the unit has gotten smaller, maybe even 6 cell mag sized, but you have to wonder where the display screen is. Kind of like the stealth planes, the fed's keep silent on their really cool toys until too many regular citizens have seen it for them to deny it's existance. Bet we don't see one in our dept's for many years.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the perps will just be carrying flashlight-sized "radar flashlight" radar detectors.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif