"Norms" soft drink can mod is multi use!

4D223

Newly Enlightened
I have to say thanks to Norm for the idea. I have a 6P that I bored out to 18.5mm so it would fit 18650's but being new to that particular mod I went to far with the lathe and took out the shoulder that the M61W was supposed to sit on. As a result I have had very intermitent contact/funcionality. As you can imagine I was spewing, my new 6P and Malkoff were not working like I had dreamed they would.

So I hit the search function on CPF and came across Norms idea for improving heat control and thought. Why not give that a go for creating a better contact path. Out to the recycle bin, fished around till I found a VB can (Iconic Aussie beer, , after New Years I must admit I didnt have to search real hard to find an empty can) cut it to size and polished with steel wool as per Norms instructions. Poped out the M61W, put the alloy strip in, tightened everthing back up and POW. 200+ Lumens of Malkoff warm goodness.

I shook the 6P,banged into my hand and even dropped it on the carpet. It did not flicker once. To say I was stoked was an understatement. Thanks Norm and thanks CPF, this place rocks!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers, hope everyone has a great New Year.

Pete