XM-L Fun

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got some Cree XM-L T6 1D 14mm rounders from Csshih (thanks CSS :p) and had some fun already.

First I have a couple of the Life+gear Tri Cree's from Costco so I did a straight swap with the stock P4's, it was a tad disappointing but I think I need to remove some of the reflector at the rear so the XM-L's don't sit so deep, plus these baby's only wakeup @ 700mA + so a driver upgrade is in the future.

The beam is better than stock but the P4's throw further, this tint is very nice.

img0192800x600.jpg

After that mild letdown I figured transplant one on a Nexgen 750 LE I had hanging round then put it in a EXE head I made with a McR-18 and boom, wall of light.

These are meant to be driven hard and put away hot, not idle like I have them but they are impressive.

img0370vl.jpg

img0188jh.jpg

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
So where's the beamshots? You are beamhead afterall... And you are correct, the XM-L needs to be driven hard... have you fixed that yet? Might as well have put XP-G's in there.... :poke:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just swapped the SSC P4 from a Malkoff 4-6 D mag dropin with one of these rounders, the beam and spill were virtually identical but the SSC P4 was putting out 240 lumens and I guesstimate the XM-L to be putting out 375-400. :)

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just swapped the SSC P4 from a Malkoff 4-6 D mag dropin with one of these rounders, the beam and spill were virtually identical but the SSC P4 was putting out 240 lumens and I guesstimate the XM-L to be putting out 375-400. :)

I've done the same as well. Works a treat!

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got some more goodies from Illumination Supply and put a 12.8mm round T6 1C XM-L in my only remaining EX10. I filed down the lip on the back of the reflector that holds the nylon spacer, kept the spacer, had to use a thicker o-ring behind the window to make up for the filed off reflector lip so I went with a GITD o-ring and have a sweet little variable XM-L pocket rocket/hand warmer. The beam and output on high are very similar to the above Aleph/Nexgen/EXE/XM-L and medium on my Xeno E03 XM-L.
Reviving older neglected lights is fun.
Lousy pic below.:p

Last edited: