Need help choosing a mostly outdoors flashlight

Z

z_Zugare

Looking for a light for camping and outdoor use. I need something for walking trails at night / doing work building fires and chopping wood. Also would be nice for tracking down lost discs for disc golf when i play too late. Checklist follows.

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

____Less than $100.

3) Format:

____I want a flashlight.

_

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

____I don't care.

5) Emitter/Light source:

______I don't know.

6) Manufacturer:

____I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What battery type do you want to use?

____I intend to use alkaline batteries (AAA, AA, C, D)

Im flexible on batteries, akaline would be nice though.

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).

____I want to illuminate my entire backyard or a campsite (150-300 lumens).

____I want to illuminate an entire field, the neighbor's front yard several houses down, impress my friends and neighbors, etc. (300-700 lumens).

__

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

____50-150 yards/meters (I live in a very rural area/farm with wide open spaces)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).

____90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

____Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).

_

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):

_

____I don't care.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

____A simple on-off with only one output level is fine for me.

____I don't care.

14)Material/Finish/Coating

htweight as aluminum, but can be moderately to significantly more expensive).

____I don't care.

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below.

____Red filter (for preserving night vision). Would be neat but not mandatory.

_