How do you keep the peace?

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I buy a lot of QUALITY flashlights. My girlfriend
buys a lot of EXPENSIVE baskets.

32990.jpg

You wouldn't believe how much she pays for a single basket!!! And she has so many that she doesn't even use most of the time. She must be crazy but I don't complain. How do the rest of you keep the peace?

EDITED by JamesS to fix that image link for you.

LukeK

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif I too am familiar with the LongBerger baskets. You are right -- the prices are outrageously high.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PaulW said:
I keep the peace by remaining single.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. More $ for lights that way too.

-Mike

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Same here too. If I break or lose a light, I have only myself to blame - except for last fall and early winter; I blame the cleaners for stealing or throwing away items that became missing because I wasn't there to supervise them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i were the pants in the family.im the head honcho.just dont tell her i said so.and i hide my flashlights from her.and do everything she says but im the boss

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
well i were the pants in the family.im the head honcho.just dont tell her i said so.and i hide my flashlights from her.and do everything she says but im the boss

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
LOL
That's classic.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I convince the military to send my wife away for long amounts of time and then I get what I want when I want it.

3 month course-New stereo system and premium speakers
1 month training mission--I buy Bowflex
2 week mission--DVD player and new camping equipment
6 months at Trippler AMC in Hawaii--you don't want to know. I think I'm still paying the bills.
6.5 months of a 1 year deployment to Iraq--Too much to count. I think I may start a "slightly used" flashlight/knife/watch store soon before she comes home.

now the hard part is hiding the items and getting all the "new toy" play out of my system before she comes home. Then it's trying to convince her that I had bought these items long ago and we had already "had this discussion."

It's sad but true...all except for me telling the Army to take her.

-Jason