Pls. help me figure this out

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I was looking around for something this morning and I came across an Aurora WF-600 I bought a few years ago.

I could feel there was a battery in it and I hit the clickie and got no response.

I opened it and removed the 18650 battery and got a charged one out.

Now here's where I'm puzzled:

The curly battery spring is in the head of the light, not the tail AND the battery was facing positive side down resting on the spring.

The negative side of the 18650 was facing the tail!

I hesitate to put a fresh battery in with the positive end sitting on that spring when all my other lights seat the negative end of the battery on the spring. I don't want to blow it up with a reverse polarity screw-up.

I remember the last time I used the light. It was two years ago or more and I was helping a neighbor look for his dog who got out one night.

The light worked great and we found the dog. (The WF-600 is quite a thrower for a cheap light).

I put the light in a workbench drawer when we were done and there it has sat. I know I didn't mess with the battery. The battery was in the same configuration it was on dog hunt night and it worked fine.

Anyone else have a WF-600 so I can get a check on this? Or can someone tell me whether I can safely put the battery positive side down on the battery spring?

Thank you,

Mike

Latest posts