Fenix TK10 kaputt burned LED

Przemo(c)

Newly Enlightened
Hello there!

I have a problem. My TK10 accidentally switched itself on in my pocket :sick2: and due to insufficient heat sink the LED emitter has burned in the center :hairpull::hairpull: . I have big dark-brown spot in the middle of the emitter. When I flash the light against the wall I have a big dark-yellow spot in the middle of the beam pattern. I can say, that this light became useless.

What can you suggest now? Is it possible to get brand new TK10 head from the manufacturer? I mean the inside of the head (optics, reflector and all the rest are ok). I don't have the equipment to replace the LED itself, so I would rather need all head. I know, I could buy a new one, but I really liked that one...

Thanks for all suggestions.

maxemus

Newly Enlightened
Hello there!

I have a problem. My TK10 accidentally switched itself on in my pocket :sick2: and due to insufficient heat sink the LED emitter has burned in the center :hairpull::hairpull: . I have big dark-brown spot in the middle of the emitter. When I flash the light against the wall I have a big dark-yellow spot in the middle of the beam pattern. I can say, that this light became useless.

What can you suggest now? Is it possible to get brand new TK10 head from the manufacturer? I mean the inside of the head (optics, reflector and all the rest are ok). I don't have the equipment to replace the LED itself, so I would rather need all head. I know, I could buy a new one, but I really liked that one...

Hey bro, looks like we share the same fate. I have a new light, but I still love my old Olive Coloured FENIX. They dont make this colour anymore

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have an unused black TK10 in box. I ordered 2 at the same time and thought that I could get one sold, at least to some police officer. But not: swedish police officers have received 3AAA Ledlensers from the Police Authority, and non-flashoholic police officers don't want to pay some extra for a better light.
Yes; TK10 is out of date today, but it's better than the Ledlensers, and buildt like a tank.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the driver is ok and you can open it up. Then it would be worth moding with a XP-G2.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like I remember that someone around here opened up the head on a TK10 back in the day. The TK10 was so hugely popular on CPF when it came out that you should be able to find the info somewhere, if it wasn't lost in the server crash a year or so back.

The Fred

Newly Enlightened
Hello there!

Mental!!! - exactly the same thing happened to me, although, it wans't switched on by accident. It just went all pink and dim one day. Fenix replaced the whole head for me via the store I purchased the light from.