various "Arc Garage Sale Auctions" was an Arc AAA head that
had only gone part way through the production process. The
head had not been "drilled" or "milled" and was basicly just
an aluminum thread-on cap. The addition of an "O" ring made
it water resistant/proof.

Hmmmmmmmmm . . .

Perhaps you can sell the Arc AA body with a thread-on
aluminum cap and "O" ring. It would have many uses:

1. A handy high-tech storage unit for Advil, nitro pills, etc.

2. Emergency supply of cash (a few rolled up 20's)

3. Matches, tinder, other survival items

4. spare battery carrier

5. A small SAS type survival compass
(it might even fit in the head)

The possibilities are endless and there is almost no
additional start up cost. They could be sold as a set
with the Arc AA, or as a separate item.

I would be willing to pay up to $25.00 for the first
"Arc Survival Unit".

I'm sure someone else can come up with a better name.

Please share your thoughts and comments.

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arc

I agree this is a fantastic idea. I would be in for a few at that price. There are similar products available that are similar, but they are even more expensive I think, or too big for easy keychain carry. I could quite happily carry that and my real aaa without any difficulty.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: Arc

you knurlers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ok, I give up, I'd buy one even with knurling ...
bernhard

P

psh

DarksBane brass AAA carrier

It doesn't have the knurling, but I have one of these on my keychain to keep a spare AAA battery. And the plain brass version is only $6. I don't know if it would fit large pills, but it would definitely hold a tightly rolled up $20 bill. Plus it's sturdy and waterproof.

http://www.az123.com/darksbane/arcacc.htm

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: DarksBane brass AAA carrier

(Thanks for the "plug" PSH)

About those tubes from darksbane--

Just to let you know- they aren't waterproof unless there is an AAA battery in them to "squoosh" the O -ring out. Only splash resistant with other stuff in them, although a wrap of teflon tape around the threads will keep pills or whatever dry even if submerged if that is what you want to use it for.

I hate to Hijack Peter's forum & Lux_L's thread, but if you want these things for experimenting and I can leave out the foam insulators and the O- Rings, I'll let you have them cheaper: $4.00 each, including shipping. (US shipping only though, Sorry) (PayPal, or there is an order form on the website if you want to send a check or M.O.)

Unfortunately I'm heading out of town for a week or two on a 4-wheeling trip to Colorado tomorrow, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif so I won't be able to ship them til I get back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Where in Colorado? Back on topic, any chance these can be made out of aluminum? I kind of like the shiny sliver look, and have never really been a fan of brass. Thanks

-Mike

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't make them- heck- if I had to turn these things out on my little lathe they would cost ten times as much at least.

The place that I bought them (had to buy 250 units minimum) has some aluminum tubes like this but only about half the size, and kind of flimsy, so they would be useless for your purposes.

I'll bet CNCDan (or a couple of other guys here) could do them at a pretty reasonable price in aluminum, and even knurl them if he (they) have time.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mostly I'll be in the San Juans, around Silverton, although I may go up to Alma / Leadville and maybe even Aspen area. Just going to follow my nose, and no particular schedule. Went up there a couple of months ago with an old army buddy, but he couldn't take the altitude, so only got to go over one of the trails I wanted to hit, so I'm doing it on my own this time. (Hopefully timing it right for the fall colors.)

To keep this in the right forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif , I'm taking 2 ARC AAAs, 2 ARC LSs and one headlamp mode using an LS head, and a helmet light (in case I go underground) that uses a LS head.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast

i've been searching for a small metal carrying case, 3 to 3 1/2" long, to hold spare 123 batts but haven't found anything i like. it needs a hole to take a split-ring and HA finish would be teriffic.

i agree. peter, this new product idea would be great!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got the brass ones I ordered from Silveron. He even got them in the mail to me just before he left on his trip. Thats service /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I ordered them without the seals necessary to store a battery in them, just to take some pills or some extra mad money with me on my keychain... For this they are quite nice. They have a good heft and solid feel to them without being heavy and the threads and cap fit solidly together. You can't beat the price either!

I would like to finish them or varnish them or something as they have that kind of greasy unfinished brass feel to them. This is no big deal and he has others that are finished. I wanted the blank ones so that I could finish them myself so this is not a complaint.

They are nice and Silveron was great to do business with! Cheers all around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.