flashlight%20builds%20024.JPG

I recently finished my Quad xp-g mod. The specs on this are as follows:

- Lumens factory D36 mini turbo head compatible with Surefire C/P series lights

- Quad xp-g board wired in series

- GT4 Quad optics

- Blue shark boost driver driving the xp-gs at about 1 amp

- Custom made aluminum heatsink

flashlight%20builds%20014.JPG

The heatsink on this light is quite substantial - the head feels very solid and hefty. :devil:

flashlight%20builds%20018.JPG

When being used in a Surefire host, no outside spring is required, but to be used with Solarforce host you do need to use spring for the ground connection. I took one off of an older drop in and just fitted it onto the drop, it stays on by friction. :) It makes pretty good contact - but on a few occasions it has flickered while using this configuration - I have never had it flicker while using it in a Surefire host, though.

flashlight%20builds%20020.JPG

flashlight%20builds%20017.JPG

The outside of the drop in is the ground connection, so right now I just have the Vin(-) wire poking outside of the driver area to make a good connection with the flashlight body. I am not sure if there is a better way for me to secure the ground connection, or if I should just leave it like that. It has been working 100% as it is so far. Any advice is appreciated. :thumbsup:The blue shark driver is inside the drop in, with the copper C facing towards the leds, I put thermal compound in there, so it should be heatsinked just fine. On top of that, I have a spacer made of UHMW (heavy duty plastic) to separate the + from the - connection, and to hold the driver in firmly. The leds are held onto the heatsink by thermal compound, and the pressure from the optics when the whole assembly is screwed together. They arent epoxied in, as I wanted to have the option to be able to swap out optics later if I felt the need.

flashlight%20builds%20026.JPG

I have measured the current draw a few times, and it is generally around 1.7-1.8 amps on 2x li-ion. When I installed the blue shark, I adjusted the trim pot to its max, which should nominally be about 980ma drive current.

I also did a bit of a runtime and heat test, to see how hot the light would get. After leaving the light on for 20 minutes sitting on my table, I could still hold the light with out pain. I also checked the batteries, and they were fairly cool, so the drop in isn't overheating them, either.

Here are a few of my attempts at artistic photos...

Guns%20knives%20and%20Flashlights%20004.JPG

Guns%20knives%20and%20Flashlights%20007.JPG

Guns%20knives%20and%20Flashlights%20011.JPG

And now for some beamshots!

Surefire C2 with P60L drop in.

Quad%20xpg%20beamshots%20005.JPG

EagleTac P100c2.

Quad%20xpg%20beamshots%20003.JPG

EagleTac M2C4. (P7 Led)

Quad%20xpg%20beamshots%20004.JPG

Quad xp-g D36 mini turbo head.

Quad%20xpg%20beamshots%20008.JPG

As you can see, this light is pretty modest in the throw department. But the spill is incredibly bright and wide, you can be walking along and be pointing the light straight out in front of you, and the spill will be lighting up the path directly by your feet. It makes a great wall of light. :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking.