Arc 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an Arc 2nd LS no button no foam ring and says 1st run on it. The "head" ( it contains the bezel ring, optics emitter and board) is sticking up out of the battery "shroud" (what the head screws into, not the battery pack) about 3 mm. It is loose and can be unscrewed by a child. Between the "head" and the "battery shroud" is a copper ring.

Can I put loctite on the threads? How far can it be screwed down? It came with a TSP cr123 battery pack and it will not work with the twist cr123 pack that I have. How come? If it's a 1st run it was made for that pack, right?

I'm happy with it I just want to know how far I should screw down the head and if I should use loctite. This 2nd has the best "white" luxeon light that I have at the moment and it is worth carrying.
Thanks,
Tim

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolfen, might be the fact that it cannot work with the 123 twistie make it a second. Also, the second that was a first run actually worth better IMHO than the other second that was from the second run, because you can change the led easily /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
is it THAT easy to unscrew the head? i mean, if it is not that easy, i suggest leave it alone and just screw it tightly. Actually, the bezel should be able to screw fully to the head part, but if yours doesn't, again, maybe that is why it was a second /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took out the copper ring and hand tightened it down and I'm gonna leave it at that.

Thanks,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.