Just got a Fenix tk45

• Thread starter z_DeepBlackZeppelin
  • Start date
Z

z_DeepBlackZeppelin

Hi everyone. Well, along with my Led Lenser X21, I am the proud owner of a Fenix TK45. It was a toss between this and the Olight M30. I was in fact going to buy the M30 and for the life of me, I can't remember what tipped me the other way. But I do remember reading something that did.

It's a superb light. Not a huge thrower, more of a flood but still good throw regardless. I love it and am glad I bought it. I love the UI on this model. Instead of having to repeatedly switch to go through different power settings, there is a separate switch for that so that you can pick your favourite level (let's be honest-highest setting) and leave it at that. The design of the 3 heads looks really funky and means too that it doesn't roll off a table!

I think I remember now that it's the batteries that tipped me to buying the TK45. Just the convenience of using AA's which I already had (eneloops). I got my one on ebay which came with primary AA's, so I don't know if there will be a discernable loss of lumens when I eventually put in my eneloops (1.5 volts versus 1.2 volts for the rechargeables). I also have a couple of Vapex AA rechargeables and most probably will get 6 more as they have the highest capacity of any rechargeable AA (2900 mAh).

But overally, very happy with my new toy and would recommend. Though I am no expert of course.