New guy seeking advice, please. Bass Pro XPS 600

Z

z_73064chris

Hi, first let me start by saying you guys are really into flashlights!

I didn't know there was so much to well, know about them. Also I NEED a Maxablaster!

In any case, here is what I have,

I bought a Bass Pro Shops XPS 600 lumen light with some gift cards I got for Christmas.

I don't know that much about lights so I'm pretty happy with it, except, it has an orange peel reflector.

It throws plenty of light on my trees 150 yards away but I feel it could do better? This light uses a single CREE MCE LED and three 123 batteries.

After doing some reading here I have learned:

Smooth reflectors concentrate light better and throw further.

CREE LEDs often have rings in them when paired with a smooth reflector, hence OP is used to defuse the light and produce a better beam. Are the rings what you would call artifacts?

There are lots of aftermarket parts to upgrade anything, it seems like anyway.

My question is: can a replacement reflector be had? Is this worth the effort or would the beam be worse than it is now? What I want to achieve is a more spotlight like beam.

I attempted to polish the top rim of the reflector with some Fritz metal polish just to see what would happen. I remove some of the reflective material and revealed a copperish finish. I assume this is used to produce the OP. Can I just polish the OP away and refinish it?

Here are some pictures and dimensions for the reflector.

Reflector is made of a machined piece of aluminum and:

1.065" tall

1.935"OD at mouth I.D. is 1.743"

.945"OD wide at base, flat boss at the bottom of reflector

Top ridge is .120" tall and .090" thick

LED hole I.D. 280"

Flashlight dimensions are:

I.D. is 1.891"

Depth to LED land is 1.1"

LED land is approximately 1.3" wide.

sdc12141.jpg

sdc12149.jpg