Review after 2 years of use with Dereelight DBS and Surefires

IcantC

Enlightened
So its been a little over 2 years and decided to leave my thoughts on lights.

1) Surefire Z2 moded with Dereelight Q5 1SM-2 dropin, using SMO: GREAT light, made a very reliable light even better. Has never let me down, I run this with 2 AW RCRs and has good runtime as well. Bright enough to do all my work and has never let me down. Used as my primary duty light and a E1B is my backup.

2) DBS V2 with 1S WC R2: Hmm have a love/relationship with this light and will explain why. It has held up, though never dropped or abused like the Z2, is bright, good throw and battery life... The problem? It NEVER works when I have been in a oh sh1t! moment. I keep all my lights clean, lubed and charged, esp before any important work coming up. It will work intermittently/flicker or wont even turn on when I need it to. Surprisingly at home I have NEVER had an issue. Would not recommend this light to other LEOs or someone whose work/life depends on this light. Has left me stranded numerous times and luckily I had a spare light on me (a SF). I keep this as a bedside light and use it around home.

3) SF E1B, no complaints and has been dropped a few times and what not. Used as my backup light and I like it. Size is on the somewhat small size but am now used to handling it. I do like the low battery flickering feature. Was my first light with SF TIR and I like it, no complaints.

4) SF A2 Incan with WH LEDS, this had a lot of hype here and I purchased it to try it out. Probably toughest SF I own and good output being regulated. Not to mention once it cannot run the incan, the LEDS still work! Great in a bad situation. To be honest I have contemplated selling this as it does not get much use, for some reason I can't come to sell it lol. The LEDs are dim, but not dim enough for me.

5) Surefire M6, no need to say anything. AWESOME light with shitty battery life. I purchased the FM battery holder and bulb combo and the battery life is better and green. This is my bedside backup light and used to at work for bad situations. Makes perps stop dead in their tracks, great for searching outdoors and when outnumbered.