NailBender K2 TFFC Drop-in Module

jac2001

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to share my new favorite light with everybody. The Nailbender K2 TFFC drop-in in a Surefire C2L HA. It is a potted, 1 mode, UWOE tint module which Dave rates @ 260lm!

It is IMHO just perfect! No, not the brightest by 2011 terms, but what it lacks in brute force output, it makes up for in profile and tint! It seems to have a perfect white tint with just a hint of a golden hue. Much warmer than anything else I currently own, and if I dare say very reminiscent of a hard driven incan on the verge of poof. The hot spot is fairly broad, but has a nice, slightly hotter center, which is better seen on the -2 exposure shot below

I did make one change from original spec, I swapped the original MCE LOP reflector to a LOP XRE for a more concentrated beam. It is probably one of the most useful drop-ins I've ever had!!

Here are some pics in the host and a few indoor beam shots...

th_IMG_1837.jpg
th_IMG_1838.jpg

th_IMG_1839.jpg
th_IMG_1840.jpg
th_IMG_1841.jpg

-2 exp____________ 0 exp_____________ +2 exp____________

This module is something of an oddball in today's market, but it really is an excellent LED, even if it is discontinued. It is tough, durable, practically bright and has to my eye, one of the best tints available!!

Thanks for looking!

J

Added some outdoor beam shots with a couple of comparison shots.....

Control....

th_IMG_1790.jpg

Surefire LX2 200lm....

th_IMG_1769.jpg

Nailbender XRE R2 SMO 4-14v 1.4A 290lm....

th_IMG_1770.jpg

Surefire 6PX Tactical 200lm....

th_IMG_1843.jpg

Nailbender K2TFFC in XRE LOP 260lm....

th_IMG_1845.jpg

A few shots at a holly tree approximately 10-12ft away....

SF LX2...

th_IMG_1846.jpg

NB XRE R2 SMO WG tint....

th_IMG_1848.jpg

SF 6PX....

th_IMG_1849.jpg

NB K2TFFC....

th_IMG_1850.jpg