4Sevens Quark Titanium Turbo 123 2, S3 Edition

Z

z_Richwouldnt

Anyone bought it yet? A search did not turn up a thread on it that I could find. It looks like quite a good buy for a limited production Titanium light at about $119 with the CPF discount. Interesting looking too with the matte finish compared to most Titanium lights which are polished. From the photo the finish looks to be bead blasted.

One possible error I noted in the product description is the weight:confused:. It is listed as the same weight as the aluminum Turbo 123 (2) and yet titanium is about double the density of aluminum but 2/3 the density of steel. I suspect someone did a cut and paste from an aluminum model description and failed to correct the weight.

onthelake

Newly Enlightened
I purchased one and the UI is quite messed up. It goes from MED>HIGH>MED LOW>TURBO>SOS>STROBE>BEACON. Quite perplexing. The build quality is quite nice. Threading gives almost no play, tight hot spot with mild wash, however the LED must not be centered as there is an offset donut at close ~1" - 12".

Anyone else having problems with their UI for this particular light? All my other 4sevens tactical UI's work properly.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am perfectly happy with the S3 Turbo. Very beautiful. Tint is a little yellowish plus greenish but more towards yellowish. Love the tint for how well it worked outdoors. UI is nice and perfect on mine and I love the slightly heavier feel compared to the aluminum version. Throw range is moderate but definitely better than the regular and tactical Quark line. There is a donut shaped hot spot but that is normal for a light with smooth reflector. Doesn't bother me at all in actual use but some may not like it, especially the white wall hunters. Definitely a lovely light.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am perfectly happy with the S3 Turbo. Very beautiful. Tint is a little yellowish plus greenish but more towards yellowish. Love the tint for how well it worked outdoors. UI is nice and perfect on mine and I love the slightly heavier feel compared to the aluminum version. Throw range is moderate but definitely better than the regular and tactical Quark line. There is a donut shaped hot spot but that is normal for a light with smooth reflector. Doesn't bother me at all in actual use but some may not like it, especially the white wall hunters. Definitely a lovely light.

This is exactly how I would describe mine. :)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful WadeF! A picture speaks a thousand ya? It shows the affection you have with the light. I must admit I wasn't excited about the satin finish initially but the more I look at member's photos the more I am convinced into buying one. Then last week I broke down and bought one and I am very glad I did.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the satin finish. It closely matches the finish on some of my knives with Ti handles, like the Sebenza.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a donut shaped hot spot but that is normal for a light with smooth reflector.

I wonder if the old reflector were re-used? It shouldn't have a donut with such small die.
unless reflector isn't quite the right match.

CDR_Glock

Newly Enlightened
Mine is perfect. The UI works fine. It works underwater/in rain.

Solid.

mrlysle

Enlightened
I love mine. It has the yellow/greenish tint, but like pjandyho said, it doesn't bother me at all, and I'm not so much a white wall hunter. The machining and finish are as good or better than any of my other lights. And the UI works as advertised.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the satin finish. It closely matches the finish on some of my knives with Ti handles, like the Sebenza.
And the Sebenza is beautiful. Unfortunately I couldn't find a local dealer here in Singapore.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have heard some people say that titanium can gall, is there any truth in this?
Yes it is true. Galling is not a major issue on the Turbo S3 but it is on the MiNi 123 S3 as it would make switching on the MiNi and changing modes so much harder when operating the light one-handed.

Ravelyn

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a 4Sevens Quark Titanium Turbo 123-2, S-3 edition and have no problems whatsoever with the UI. Very nice light--and it happens to go very nicely with my Sebenza.

Also, this is my first post on these forums. Looking forward to seeing what I can learn from you all.

The Coach

Enlightened
I've been checking this light out for about two hours. :thinking: The body of the light is "T-6061 Aircraft-grade Aluminum". I believe the "Satin Titanium" refers to the finish.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been checking this light out for about two hours. :thinking: The body of the light is "T-6061 Aircraft-grade Aluminum". I believe the "Satin Titanium" refers to the finish.

It is made of titanium. That's for sure. And it does feel heavier than the aluminum ones.