• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Mini Maglite with Auroralight Kit

cm_mtb

Enlightened
I purchased this from another forum member last year. It's a fun setup, but I haven't used it very much. Includes:

- Mini Mag host with TerraLux clicky (I don't have the original tailcap.)

- 2x AW 14500 Li-ion cells (The previous owner charged them once, I've charged them twice.)

- Glass lens, metal reflector, ceramic socket, TL-3 bulb

The bulb is a little loose, and will sometimes lose contact if the light experiences a lot of vibration. Bending the pins of the bulb apart seems to mitigate this issue. In addition, the ceramic socket can potentially fall out of place into the battery tube. The previous owner solved the problem by using some sort of paste to hold the socket in place. I separated the socket from the host by installing the bulb without the batteries in, which pushed the socket down. I never bothered to glue the socket back in place, though, since the light still works fine. Overall, these issues are pretty small, but I want to make it clear that the kit is sold as-is, with some problems that were experienced by others on CPF.

The host is in very good condition, with only a couple very small nicks and some slight wear on the knurling around the head. The reflector has a small dimple in it, which I did my best to show in the picture. I don't see this dimple reflected in the beam. Also note the swirl (machining?) marks, and wear around the edges of the reflector. The out of focus bit on the edge around 4:30 is just dust. Since I received the light like this, I am unsure what the source of the aforementioned marks was. Although the beam is a bit ringy (see picture), I don't think these reflector issues are the cause. Rather, I would guess the rings are just caused by using a smooth reflector

$50. First Ill take it. gets it. PayPal and CONUS only, please. Ill cover shipping and PP fees, so please do not send funds as a Gift. I can not be responsible for the package after it is in the hands of USPS, so add $2 for insurance if desired.

Possible partial trades: High CRI Clicky, A2-YG

Note that the images below are clickable.

5340365532_66e548dce8.jpg

5339754227_15e4840121_m.jpg

5340365734_2c439ba389_m.jpg