Need a drop-in LED lamp for Surefire 660, 681-types=searched & confused/overwhelmed

Z

z_LawDogRD10

Need a drop-in LED lamp for Surefire 660, 681-types=searched & confused/overwhelmed

That's what I need. I've found stuff from $8 to $80 and don't know where to go with it. Malkoff's are out of my price range. The Surefire 660 (2 DL123s) classic weaponlight is issued and I can't change anything out but the bulb, as is the 681 on my 870. I do understand that the Surefire KX4 (?) replacement head isn't that bright. I work in a largely rural area and need the output. Everything is disappointing after having got an X300 for my Glock 22 and can see how it puts the other lights to shame.

Basically, I'm looking for something affordable, longer battery life, and brighter.

I've also got a couple of 961s (I believe--3 cell, incan.) that I'd like to convert to LEDS, also.

I've looked at about two dozen threads and other websites and.....I'm simply overwhelmed and confused. Thanks in advance for helping point the way.

dmitchell28

Newly Enlightened
Re: Need a drop-in LED lamp for Surefire 660, 681-types=searched & confused/overwhelm

This is the info I am looking for too! Does anyone have this info?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Need a drop-in LED lamp for Surefire 660, 681-types=searched & confused/overwhelm

For something affordable, EDCPlus sells x60 dropins that are affordable.
If you go too the custom modified bst section of the forum, both VinhNyugen and Nailbender make dropins for $25-80 depending on what you want. For runtime and an upgrade in brightness, ask for an xpg2 run at 1.5 amps, with the battery choice you plan on using.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast

For a weapon light p60, ask for the electronics to be potted, so it can handle recoil

dmitchell28

Newly Enlightened

thanks for the referal, he is getting me a XP-G2 4000K drop in to go into my 660. He said he is pretty confident that I could get quite a bit more lumens out of it with this bulb. He said he thought maybe close to 500 but I am just excited to get anything brighter. He said I didnt even have to change the bezel, jsut wrap it in foil. Thanks for the help