neutral white or smooth reflector or op reflector?

Z

z_flashyhao

guys im so sad.. i had my heart set on MG P-Rocket Cree XP-G R5 450+ neutral white, but theyre all gone, i even called shiningbeam and they said they wont be getting anymore in for a while.. they still have smooth reflector and op reflector, but i really had my heart set on neutral white..

will it be a big difference? i mean what should i do? i searched on ebay and googled, but i guess this series isnt popular enough to really be anywhere. so i guess im just asking your guys advice, how are the op reflectors and smooth reflectors compared to neutral white? or maybe someone could recomend a light that can top 450 lumens in a 6 inch torch =[

ps56k

Enlightened
I'm looking for a light late at night for the back yard when the critters come out crawling around.
Happen to just stumble across the P-rocket lights....
http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-219/mg-P-dsh-rocket/Detail

What are the differences in the LED "color" offerings ?
it's like paint - how many flavors of "white" are there :)

Also - what is the dif between the smooth vs orange peel reflector ..... more flood vs more spot vs more throw ?

Norseman2

Newly Enlightened
Yeah that looks cheap for LED/housing putting out 450 Lumens and HAIII anodizing, no? (what do I know ...I only got into this 2 weeks ago LOL)

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the MG products Shiningbeam sells. I have a couple of them. The smooth reflector seems to throw better, although with a few artifacts. The OP smoothes out the beam and gives a larger hot spot. Less throw with OP. Personally I like a little OP because I don't like artifacts in the beam. You can't go wrong with Shining beam products. I've ordered a bunch of them over the years. Never had any kind of problem, no matter what the brand. I generally prefer bright incandescent lights, but a good hi cri light can be good too. Buy what you can get--or shop around for other brands. I would avoid the ****Fires in most cases. I've had a couple of good ones, but most need soldering, tightening a ring, replacing the led module, etc. No problems like that with Shining Beam.

Latest posts