New Forum Experiences?

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I gave a spoiler I don't recall this subject really coming up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wits' End

.... I came over to post a thread about my wife joining her first forum. Different hobby but lots of similarities. As I was remembering my first years here and comparing to her first experiences, it brought back memories. ....:)

What brought it really to the forefront of my mind and deciding to post here was

Quote:

ENABLING ALERT....ENABLING ALERT....

This is a warning of the Enabling MTC Forum.....

People who come to this site who already are bitten by the hoarding / collecting / gotta-have it bug are shamelessly helped and prodded on in their addiction and collecting habits...

Newbies will soon be infected with the need to have it all... and will find themselves so addicted to the forum that they will find it hard to actually design and cut...

You have now been warned.... feel free to chew us out later.... ;-D

Make the Cut Forum

Just looking at that one thread and talking about water/milk/diet Coke-proof keyboards brings back many threads here going 'off-topic'.

Anyhow, listening to my wife talk about helpful answers to questions, new-must-have-products, people doing amazing modifications and coming up with new uses as well as amazing advances in technology.

So the thread I linked to was for a program that uses a paper cutting machine (Cricut) to cut shapes the machine wasn't originally designed for. Mostly for scrapbooking, cardmaking and signmaking.

The subject matter is about as different as you can get. I'm curious if anyone here has had similar experiences with their spouse.

:thinking: this sounds alot like me on CPF :thinking: