Newbie: Opinions on Quark QTAA2 Turbo XPG R5

Z

z_brawny

Hi Folks,

I'm brand new here, and looking for a single flashlight to serve several purposes and meet a number of criteria. I've browsed the site, done some reading, and I *think* I've found a light that fits the bill, but wanted to solicit some opinions from the very knowledgeable folks here before I commit.

Criteria I'm looking to meet:

• takes AA batteries so I can use rechargeables.
  • long life (within reason, of course)
  • range of brightness levels, including very low light (ie. reading light for tent camping) to blazingly bright
  • waterproof (not necessarily submersible)
  • good warrantee
  • replaceable components
  • inexpensive (I'm a cheapskate!)
I hope to use the light for:

• camping
  • headlight while cycling, with an appropriate handlebar mount
  • general purpose use

I've found the following light on Amazon, but can't find the same light on the 4Sevens sight. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Quark-QTAA2-Tu...4695704sr=8-2

Its described as a Quark QTAA2 Turbo AA2 206-Lumen Cree XP-G R5 LED Flashlight in case the above link doesnt work.

A couple things don't seem quite right based on what I've seen on the 4Sevens sight, as I couldn't locate a 206 lumen Quark light that took 2 AA batteries. Also, the description talks about the UI for the tactical, but there's nothing in the name about it being the tactical version...

The price is $75, which seems high to a flashlight newbie like me, but if it will work for my purposes, and last a long time (years and years), then I'm willing to give it a shot.

I'm in Canada, but headed to the US next week to visit family - and go camping for a couple days, so time is of critical in ordering this if it's to arrive in time.

So basically, I'm looking for feedback on anyone that has this flashlight, or another 4Seven's Quark that's similar. Is this a good purchase for a multipurpose light?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Brawny