What programmes/films do you watch?

hula

Newly Enlightened
I think you can tell a little of someones character by what sort of television programmes they watch.
I myself like most of the programmes that you'd find on the Discovery channel but those medical and police forensic ones bore me and I rarely watch the news. I hate soaps, love the Simpsons, Futurama and Malcolm in the middle is a clever comedy. I make a point of watching Robot Wars and also Time Commanders - a programme where a team will refight a battle from history on a computer with a giant screen etc.
I like a mix of films but generally theyr'e of a Sci-Fi/ Fantasy or Comedy nature with a few exceptions, but I won't list them. What do you like and why?

Hula.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I have 150 channels to pick from! Watch BBC America (Ground Force, Changing Rooms and Home Invaders), ALL of the Discovery Channels (about 5), The Learning Channels, DIY channel (RC Models, robot builds and Warehouse competition) both the History Channels, and the Western Movie Channel ("B" grade movies). Plus any other that might catch my eye...I'm a good channel surfer!

Starshiptrupr

Newly Enlightened
I like the whole G vs. E thing, sci-fi, and things that exploit our progress over obstacles/enemies and moving into the future: The Matrix (found the religious references interesting, didn't like the sequel though), Seven (found the use of dante's bizarre work profound), Starship Troopers (even though it was campy and basically a war movie), The first Highlander movie (although very dated now), and Dumb and Dumber since I laughed all the way through it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Currently my favorite series is Enterprise, it's not too deep but I find it entertaining. I liked the Highlander series even after it got strange, basically all of the seasons with Paul. (the guy really did know some of the arts, unlike Lambert)

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't publish a list of what I watch. That would be too boring. But I do have a preference for the type of program I watch. I like crime drama generally of the type that has a complete story within the one hour program. Programs that carry a story from week to week turn me off fiercely.

So I like the Law and Order type of show and I (also) hate soap operas.

Paul

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mostly I watch Fox News on TV.

Sometimes Discovery channel and the other educational types; I like Junkyard Wars and just got turned on by some CPFers to Monster Garage.

The only "mainstream" TV I watch regularly is The Simpsons and Charmed, Used to watch "Buffy" pretty regularly, I really like the Highlander TV shows too.
Sometimes watch the "classics" on AMC / TCM.

For theater movies: Not often any more, used to go 2-4 times a week, last ten years only 2-4 times a year.

I like Good adventure / actioners: Lord of the Rings, etc.
Most recent T3, Open Range. Generally I prefer waiting for the DVD to come out and watch with no distractions in my own personally controlled environment.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
simpsons..goerge lopez... mailcall..american choper...screen savers....junkyardwars...fav chanels are histroy chanel discovery chanel animanal planet...and fox or and a course i watch every football game i can

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I watch "24", "Nova" "Globe Treker". That's about it. I used to watch the X-files regularly.

GregR

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I get *one* channel to choose from (KCPQ-13 Fox) on the big TV... so I don't get a lot of variety. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and 3rd Rock from the Sun come on every weeknight, and I watch or listen to them (if I'm at the computer) when possible. Friends also comes on weeknights; though I only watch or listen to episodes I find interesting.

Star Trek Voyager and DS-9 are on at 11:00pm and 12:00am every weeknight, and I usually make it a point to watch them, even if I've seen the episode once or twice in the past.

I also watch Stargate SG-1 on Saturday afternoons and Sunday nights; and Andromeda on Saturday evenings and very late Saturday nights.

And I used to watch Digimon (a Japanese anime show) when it came on channel 13. But since they moved it to channel 11 (a station I don't pick up), I don't watch it anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I can usually pick up KOMO-4 ABC, KING-5 NBC, and KIRO-7 CBS on my small bedroom TV, but I don't use that TV much unless I'm in bed, so I don't watch anything on those stations too often. Maybe a little golf on Sundays, and infomercials (warning - I'm pretty sure this site links to a page that has lots of dirty words on it!) when I can't get to sleep.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
throw in almost everything you guys have already mentioned like Simpsons and Mail Call and add "Family Guy" from Cartoon network.
Just this week I've seen a few old ones that I've never seen before. Hardest I laughed in weeks... I actually got hiccups.

-Jason

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
None - last show I watched was Babylon 5. I will occasionally watch a bit of the news while I'm at work, but it's usually work related - I work for one of the networks supporting the News department. In the average year, I watch about 4-6 hours of TV

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must add to the previous post that I like the Larry Sanders Show. It's now in syndication on broadcast TV. Since I don't have cable, this is my first chance to see it.

KC2IXE -- you watch 4-6 hours per year?

Paul

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have broadcast, no cable or anything. When I finally get some TV time I usually get to watch one or two shows in the evening. It's the primetime network sitcoms that I seem to get intertested in, although I really like the documentaries on PBS. For the sitcoms I like: Simpsons, Whos Line Is It Anyway, Will and Grace, King of Queens, Futurama. I used to love the Family Guy, but it's not on broadcast anymore. There are plenty of other shows I watch, but if I can, I'll try not to miss the ones I mentioned.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to camp on the History Channel, Discovery Channel, TLC, Weather Channel, CNN, SciFi Channel, and CourtTV, depending on the program, and I hate when they put things on that I like at the same time. Makes for a very tough choice.

My all time favorite TV series is Babylon 5, and I get them via Columbia House Video Club, one DVD per month. It is alot nicer to be able to watch them when I want to.

My most recent movie purchase is "The Core." It is on DVD only, and definitely worth seeing. I love Japanese monster movies, as there is alot of humor in them.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
PaulW said:
...snip...KC2IXE -- you watch 4-6 hours per year?

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

About that - give or take a few hours. I'll go months without turning on the set. My wife watches about 2 hours/week, and the kids aren't allowed TV, but will get a video a week or so

Sharp

Enlightened
I usually watch Charmed, Stargate SG-1 and Star Trek Voyager. I also used to see Knight Rider but it's been taken off.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
Anyway, I use to watch any Sci-Fi movies or TV Series that are worth watching...not many however.
My last movie was "Terminator 3" and I think it was a great one.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Just about the time I REALLY like a program (Dark Angel for one) it goes away.

I make it a POINT to watch, World Poker Tour (Wed. 8p Travel channel), Robot Wars (Tech TV 9p all weeknights besides wed.), Drag racing and Formula One car racing!!!, Enterprise (my but Archer is TESTY this season!), Jake2.0 (right after Enterprise)...

That's it for MUST SEE. I try to watch JAG, CSI Miami, and a few other network shows.

Watch a bit of History Channel, Discovery (and Wings), AMC, TCM etc.

And of course Fox News Channel!!!

Sharp

Enlightened
I watch JAG too when I can...
Thanks Charles Bradshaw, I'll check it out next time I get next to a TV, but that will be a very long while from now..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif