Beam comparison photo

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East
This is self explanatory.

comparison.jpg

I thought it would be neat to photograph all of those little lights next to each other! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The camera is not very accurate at capturing the true colours, however!

In real life, the ARC appears to have a purple tint and the L4 is pure white, identical to what you see if it's overcast and the light comes in through a window.

Obviously the minimag is going to appear orange. Brand new batts used in all lights too.

Feel free to use this in your collection of beam comparisons for those that have pages containing collections of beam shots. I feel my comparison is fair. The photo was not altered in any way other than text. The original photo is huge since my camera is 4 MP. I resized to 8x6 so DUN users aren't strained too much.

Cheers!

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Digicam White Balance - Re: Beam comparison photo

[ QUOTE ]
sharkeeper said:
The camera is not very accurate at capturing the true colours, however!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you using a Digital camera?

Perhaps setting the White Balance to "Daylight" balance would give more consistent color rendition?

Leaving the White Balance on the default Auto setting sometimes means the camera decides on how to reproduce "white" and may well compensate/correct the tendency toward a colder or more bluish white of the typical white LED.

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East
Re: Digicam White Balance - Re: Beam comparison photo

I'm using the Canon Powershot G3.

I tried all available white balance settings and believe it or not the auto (setting) is about the best.

Setting it to tungsten (obviously) made everything look the most blue. The LS lights actually appeared turquoise with those settings!

Cheers!

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
sharkeeper said:
I'm using the Canon Powershot G3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to get mine! Just need to save up some more...been wanting it the longest.

onelight

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Great pics the L4 is tremendous,so are the ARCs the mag is a good place for a mod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif thanks for posting the shots.