What's the brightest LED Flashlight - Period!

hula

Newly Enlightened
What\'s the brightest LED Flashlight - Period!

Ok what is the brightest LED flashlight currently available then? What beats the Inretech Helios because the LED Museum describes this flashlight as the second brightest LED flashlight available but I can't seem to find what it considers the 1st.

Hula.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What\'s the brightest LED Flashlight - Period!

Hula,
I might be wrong, but I think it was the Space Needle II. That monster is a 2C M*g with a V or W ranked 5 watt Luxeon Star fed with three 123A lithiums direct drive. Figure it put out around 10 watts.
I can see were that would win. My M*g 2D running an R2H being pushed by a Madmax+ running wide open hits around 3 watts. I just want a U or V ranked 3 watt Luxeon to take the R2H's place in the future.
Mr. Bulk does not make the Space Needle II anymore, although he might if you send him a V or W ranked Luxeon Star and some cash.

LukeK

Enlightened

Yeah the Helios is extremely bright due to it's using 3 5W Luxeons. However, in terms of the second brightest (and using only one Luxeon) the winner is most likely the MR-X from Hotbeam. The Space Needle comes next and then the Blaster is somewhere below that.

Free

Enlightened

Wayne is making me a 6D rechargeable with 3 5w Luxeons in it that will put out 360 Lumens!

That should put me up there as having one of the brightest Led Lights at least /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*

[ QUOTE ]
Free said:
Wayne is making me a 6D rechargeable with 3 5w Luxeons in it that will put out 360 Lumens!

That should put me up there as having one of the brightest Led Lights at least /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]yeah id say so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LukeK

Enlightened

Imagine the amount of heat that will generate...

Free

Enlightened

Well....winter is coming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Free, you WILL post beamshots, will you?
bernhard

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
hula said:
What beats the Inretech Helios because the LED Museum describes this flashlight as the second brightest LED flashlight available but I can't seem to find what it considers the 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the brightest (in terms of total emitted radiation) is probably the Inretech Mega-6. I believe that uses six 5W emitters with no optics over them. Think of the Super 6 on crack and steroids.

super6-3.jpg

This picture was taken only using the light of the Super 6; no photoflash was used at all.
The Mega 6 shold be 3-4x brighter. I have not tested one though, that's why it isn't on my website.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

A Mega6 configured with colimators would be awesome.

Free

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
kiessling said:
Free, you WILL post beamshots, will you?
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

I will do my best. I posted pictures of my Tri-Star in THIS thread. It is a very bright and beautiful flashlight and it only uses 3 1W LEDS. I believe my 3X5 will have the same optics so it should really kick some butt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

LukeK

Enlightened

I don't know if I'm more shocked by that picture from The LED Museum or by the incredible amount of stuff he has accumulated on and around his desk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif