Who wants to see a new up graded SR90?

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
Well you can all thank me :) LOL

I have just pressed the button on a SR90 and I am sure like many of my flashaholic friends here, the moment I commit to purchase a flashlight of any description a new/brighter/cheaper/better UI/lighter or in some other way improved version magically appears available the very next day. (Please tell me I am not alone).

I was very tempted to purchase a custom light from one of the fine suppliers in the CPF world and I may just do that in the future but I have been putting off the purchase of a HID due to LED's getting closer to the performance level I required (required-needed-wanted is debatable)

Contemplating this purchase since the SR90 became available (and trying to hide secret slush fund from the broom jockey). Now the big wait,:(.

I intend to use and abuse this light and it will not live in a box, it will get thrown around in the back of vehicles and dragged into the field getting dirty and scratched. Has anyone broken a lense yet? How do we go for replacements as I recon I will get one just in case as with such a big lense I am sure to break it at some stage.

I just know someone is going to tell me the SR90 is yesterdays hero lovecpf

Cheers

Ozgeardo

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm! I know there were a few replies here, I guess they disappeared in the great data dump (thanks for the hard work getting everything up and running again CPF Team).

Anyhow my SR90 has seen about 6 months of hard use. It has a few scratches (lens is still OK but would like to know about a replacement if/when needed), I think I am on about my 10th charge in that period and all going well. I generally run it down to 1/2 charge, I have not been able to run it below 1/4 (1 x indicator light). I think it appears to be not as bright as when I first used it but I am sure that is and optical illusion and just me "getting use to it". All my colleagues (geardos and non-geardos alike) are still truly impressed.

I have managed to break one of the spring snap buckles on the shoulder strap (pity they didn't use better quality hardware on an otherwise heavy duty shoulder strap).

And yes I have been in several discussions where I have used the line:

"That's not a torch, this is a torch" Guess you have to be an "Ozzy" to understand

uknewbie

Banned
I have recently bought an SR90. I think this is a very impressive light, best suited to long distance applications. Mine is still a shelf queen mind you :)

That said, I have an Elektrolumens Firesword and can't help but be more impressed by it's wall of flood for most distances. I just love the even light, your eyes do not get drawn to the hot spot the way they do with most lights, SR90 included.

Of course for distance there is no contest, the SR90 can throw :eek:oo: