this is weird blinnking led

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my dorcy aaa.when i woke this am was bright but blinking .looks to be even in a rythem.is this normal its powerd by a nicad by the way

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'm guessing that the Dorcy AAA is partially regulated, and that your NiCd cell was pooped out.

I installed a cell that I pulled out of my Gentle LED Birth Light because it was too dim in it, and it seems to do fine in the Dorcy AAA LED. But the Dorcy isn't blinking, so I'll have to leave it on and see what happens.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its weird maybe ill film it after the dolphins game.at first i didnt know where the flashing was comeing from since flash light was pointing away from me

raggie33

*the raggedier*
It is still blinking but soon as my other batts charge im going to try to see if it hapens again in the am.Btw first night i used a akaline let it shine for 24 hours it was very very very dim no flashing i stoped it before battery was complety dead

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen this when experimenting with boost circuits. It's a feature of the battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Your circuit drops out, which gives the battery a break, which recovers a bit and it's voltage rises back to a point where the circuit kicks back in and so on and so forth.

Or that might be what is happening /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I could get quite a rapid flash rate if the battery was just beginning to drop below the threshold of the circuit.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Oh that may be it.its a panasonic 650 mah ni mh.Was odd to say the least.I was hopeing the light was regulated though.

Empath

Flashaholic
Raggie, along with the step-up circuitry, a certain amount of regulation comes with it. Craig mentioned getting 85-90 mA at 1.08 volts. That's probably sufficient regulation for practical purposes.