Seen advertise the Nitecore IFE2

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
This infinitely variable light with .00something to 345 lumens and runs on an 18650 has me all sorts of curious.

Only specs I see are on the add :(

Anyone have a link ?

I click on the add and it takes me to nitecore but nitecore doesn't have it on there site.

Toying with this flashaholics heart ?

:(

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both flashlights are great IMO.
I had a IFE2 for testing purposes and it is a great light. The usage of the selector ring is similar to the latest version of the Jetbeam RRT0 / TC-R2. Since Nitecore and Jetbeam habve the same parent company it is not surprising. The IFE2 is made very well. I did not have anything to complain. The IFE2 has a very slim body for a 18650 light. The size is approx. the same like a Jet III Pro ST BVC.
The SWM V10R (I own the titanium version) is at the moment in my EDC rotation. It is a great light and very small for a selector ring CR123/16340 light. The V10R fits perfect in the trouser pocket and you can nicely adjust the brightness you really need. The AA extender for the V10R-Ti is also nice and makes the V10R-Ti AA cell compatible.
If you want a small EDC light I'd prefer the V10R because of the smaller size. If you want an 18650 capable light than the IFE2 is a very well buuild light, with a great beam. The IFE2 is IMO to large to wear it in the trouser pocket.

But I guess the best would be getting the V10R and the IFE2 :D

Jetpowered

Newly Enlightened
Both flashlights are great IMO.
I had a IFE2 for testing purposes and it is a great light. The usage of the selector ring is similar to the latest version of the Jetbeam RRT0 / TC-R2. Since Nitecore and Jetbeam habve the same parent company it is not surprising. The IFE2 is made very well. I did not have anything to complain. The IFE2 has a very slim body for a 18650 light. The size is approx. the same like a Jet III Pro ST BVC.
The SWM V10R (I own the titanium version) is at the moment in my EDC rotation. It is a great light and very small for a selector ring CR123/16340 light. The V10R fits perfect in the trouser pocket and you can nicely adjust the brightness you really need. The AA extender for the V10R-Ti is also nice and makes the V10R-Ti AA cell compatible.
If you want a small EDC light I'd prefer the V10R because of the smaller size. If you want an 18650 capable light than the IFE2 is a very well buuild light, with a great beam. The IFE2 is IMO to large to wear it in the trouser pocket.

But I guess the best would be getting the V10R and the IFE2 :D

Thanks Warrior!
I think I'll opt for the V-10Ti first for EDC rotation.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one and like it a lot. The ability to adjust to the exact amount of light you need "quickly" is fantastic. It can go super low too.

Check out the review in the reviews section.

mrlysle

Enlightened
What's the lowest it can go? And does it have an op reflector ?

Mine goes so low that it's virtually not useable, at least for my eyes. It's laying on the A/C beside me right now. I'm doing a runtime test with it. It has an OP reflector. The beam is very nice. It's been on right now for 1 hour and 20 min. on high. I have an EagleTac 2400mah 18650 in it. Overall, I like it a lot, one exception being that it won't tailstand due the the switch boot bulging a little. But it is nicely built and small for 1x18650. My PD31 is smaller but the control ring added a little to the length on the IFE2. I have the IFE1 also. You can't go wrong with either of them, but I like the extra runtime out of the 18650 format. As regulator suggested, check out selfbuilts' review of it. Very positive.

Last edited:

mrlysle

Enlightened
Thanks MrLysle, I think I will go take a peak at the review ;)

Your welcome. And I will also add that the reason I bought the IFE2 was because of selfbuilts review! That guy has cost me soooo much money! LOL Seriously though, I love his reviews and he does such a great job on them. Several other members here are doing some great reviews as well. I would love to know how many lights he actually has in his personal collection! Maybe he just gets them for review and then sends them back. But if he keeps them? WOW, what a great collection that would be! :devil: Oh, and BTW, the IFE2 started blinking it's low battery warning after 1 hour and 50 min on high/max. The EagleTac 2400mah cell showed about 3.8v immediately after removal from the light. It's in my PILA right now getting charged up!

Last edited: