What electronics in Streamlight TTs?

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have ordered a couple of Streamlight Luxeon 3AA, which I believe are totally passive, and *I hope* well heatsinked since they are all made of aluminium.

Now, I am looking forward to order the 1L and the 2D. By guess, the 5 mm LED should be powered by a stepup inverter, to use all the energy inside the batteries.
It is just a guess. Has somebody seen what is inside the 3 Volt TT models from Streamlight?

Regards

Anthony

BobVA

Enlightened
I'll be interested in your observations. I was thinking of swapping half the white LED's in my 2D TT for red ones so I'd have RED/WHITE/XENON selectable.

I took a quick look, but couldn't fathom how to remove the LED module and didn't want to break it trying. Anybody know?

Overamp

Newly Enlightened
I've got the 1L all apart in a baggy right now. The boards lightly glued in and can be pushed out from the + terminal side.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still undecided if buy the TT 2D. In the meantime I received the TT 3AA, and is a fine light.

TO check if there is a stepup inverter in the TT 2D, it would be enough to use two NiMH or NiCD batteries, and see if there is a sharp decrease in brightness from LEDS...

Anthony

onelight

Enlightened
I do not have the 2D but bought a 3C because I read here in CPF it was brighter than the 2D.I also like the size better.