Junk Drawer

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wonder do most of you have a junk drawer? In the kitchen? Keep anything interesting in it? After all one man's junk is another man's treasure.

GregR

P.S. a couple of pre-TSA banned box cutters, handful of rubber bands, party ballons, birthday candles, paperclips, a couple of odd dead batteries, cheap Pakistani-made knife with one clip blade and a second shaving straight razor blade, several rolls of tape, matches, pencils all with broken points, a 4 in 1 screwdriver. Scissors.

Tomas

Banned
First post! (Uh, sorry, this isn't Slashdot ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

Not in the kitchen, but in an adjacent area, Greg.

I have several kinds of tape, scissors, a utility knife, a screwdriver with interchangable tips, basic pliers, longnose pliers, tape measure, ruler, felt markers, two battery chargers (That's where they went!!!), and a notepad in there.

T_sig6.gif

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Junk Drawer? I have a junk room and a junk garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
... and other assorted smegma EVERYWHERE!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif OMG!!!

-Jason

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I think I have Jason's house too. Junk *everywhere*, but no garage because I live in an apartment.
Oh, and I don't have a garbage drawer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should have said the same. I have mine somewhat organzed though. One bedroom is computer/electronics junk, another is books, clothes and such, another is old kitchen stuff that didn't sell at the yard sale. My kitchen has a bare floor and cabinet parts as well as tools laying around that I'm using to work on it. My garage has old cabinets, wood, bigger tools and more junk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have divided my junk into categories. Large junk is stored above the garage. Upstairs junk is in a closet that holds built-in shelves. Hardware junk (now I have a lot of that) is segregated into dozend of shoe boxes on shelves in the garage. There are other junk centers throughout the house.

My most useful collection is current junk. This includes flashlight junk. It's all stored in the living room with my cartons of academic junk. Yeah, no furniture -- just a fireplace, chair, TV, flashlight worktable, and lots of junk.

It's okay though, I carefully label the containers the junk is in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

RevDavid

Enlightened
We even call it the junk drawer... pretty much the same stuff that Tomas has, plus several cheap flashlights that we keep on hand to give the kids if the power goes out. Last time it happened, my daughter had six friends over, and there was a lot of screaming until we got the lights passed out. They were in the basement playroom, and it gets REAL dark down there without the lights. The beauty of the cheap flashlights, is that we can hand one to each kid, and if they lose them under a couch or something when the lights come back on, no big deal. They are all AA 2 cell Garrity or similar brands, so we can put several of them in the drawer with no trouble. Whenever I see a sale on this type of light for under a dollar, I grab several of them.

David <><

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
Another Junk Apartment here, I'm afraid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Mostly cycling,camping and computer junk, and books everywhere, of course.
I'm thinking computers are esp. good at generating junk; all those CDs and cables, and constant upgrades (I never buy a new machine, just stuff new parts in...).

Maybe we should start Clutterers Anonymous, and thake turns cleaning out each others houses (much easier to throw away other peoples' junk!)

danielo_d

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mark_van_Gorkom said:
...Maybe we should start Clutterers Anonymous, and take turns cleaning out each others houses (much easier to throw away other peoples' junk!)

[/ QUOTE ]
Problem with that is...
I wouldn't throw away other people's junk. Somehow it would find it's way to my house. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, I have a junk drawer in the kitchen with pretty much the same as Double_A. And a junk room that's my computer room. And of course, the ever famous junk garage. The rest of the house is pretty neat. Not because we keep it that way. It's because the wifey and I just painted several rooms and cleaned up alot! That's not to say it'll stay that way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Danno

Mutie

Enlightened
I don't have a junk drawer per se. Instead there is the junk one day to be a bathroom. The junk basement. The junk trailer which serves as my lab. The junk sheds. And of course the junk yard.

And the junk? At least a pallet of old computers, a $10,000 14" platter 140MB Priam disk drive, a couple hundred flashlights, several boxes of phones, neon transformers, old school video games, and numerous pieces for mutation.

Mutech