Newest Discussion EDC's

rangerxtrn

Newly Enlightened
Okay everyone... I started a thread a while back about my quest for the perfect EDC... I have used my lights caving, plowing snow, on the lake, camping, etc. I felt that the quark 123*2 Tac was too large to EDC, especially when you wear dress pants to work... I have always kept an E01 on my split-ring... absurd amount of modded-mags, blah, blah, blah... anyhow I purchased a quark mini aa and love it! Perfect size, doesnt look suspicious in your pocket, good runtime and brightness and UI. I also purchased a tk30 a while back and have put it through its paces including accidentally dropping it off my driveway bridge onto ice, the ice chipped but the anodizing did not haha! Anyhow, I have read snippets about lensers and I know that they are loved by some and give skeptical, furrowed brows to many. I bought a T7 and I love it, of course the runtimes are :confused: I read further that the times are until light production ceases which is... bs... I still love it! The new UI is still misprinted on the packaging Turbo-half press, High-first click, Low-second click, Off-third click... Lowes has them for $6X.XXish I was impressed by the throw ofcourse, but the beam had a wonderful evenness on flood very, very, minor artifacts transitioning from spot to flood. It feels sturdy, decent runtime, simple UI, good fit and finish. The knurling is still slick but the Tactical body is easier to hang onto than the Pro body. This is a good EDC work light, especially if you work outdoors like I do in the winter time (floody lights are nearly useless in snowy conditions). The holster is second to none and it comes with 8 AAA lenser brand batteries and a lanyard with a nylon fob. About the holster: There is a reinforced opening in the bottom so you can operate the rear clicky while its holstered, also, you can store 4aaa batteries in a hidden elastic pocket that runs down the back of the inside of the holster, you can also stuff the lanyard down in there to keep it from getting snagged while on your belt. I have been nothing less than impressed with the light. It was a good change to break up the monotony of my fixed focus LED lights. The lenser is my new favorite work light but the mini-aa is still my true edc and it will not out throw my tk30 ofcourse... Im rambling... open to discussion, I want to hear any positive/negative on the lensers, quarks, tks, mags, etc. I know we all have our own opinion and I would like to hear yours. :thumbsup: BTW: I am never satisfied, I am always looking to expand my collection. Fill me in on your EDC pocket and work lights.