Software help please.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to register a third-party software on my PC, and it has an automatic register built in, but a "Internet connection is not available" keeps popping up. Any clue?

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is software for Pocket PC GPS - NAVMAN3450,

SmartST is the program name, which is GPS controller. To activate software, I need to enter a product key code on some webpage, and software CD has a "activate" button, which should connect me that site. When I click it, it tells me that I don't have internet connection...

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have a firewall (Zone Alarm) or proxy (Multi-Proxy)software installed, might be blocking things.

mike

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm......try this if it's not a huge problem to do so. In your firewall software...disable it at startup (temporarily). Restart the computer and try again. Something is not "finding" your Internet connection and we need to find out why. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, are you on dialup , DSL or cable modem?
mike

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good one, yam.

FC -

Your pocket PC is synced up right? Sorry, had to ask. I'll bet that you do know that your pocket PC must have massive ram available to run GPS on it. If it doesn't, you may be getting a default error that is erroneous.

Also, if you are runniing XP on your tower, you may have your PC's personal firewall enabled.

Start/Settingns/Control Panel/Network connections...rt click the network icon, slide down to properties,select the advanced tab,uncheck personal firewall.

Let us know when you get it running. We just got pocket PCs at work and I would like to know how to successfully run GPS off of mine. One of our SEs did it by adding RAM but he is staging for deployment to Iraq and is unavailable for comment. His intitial description is how I knew about the massive memory thing.

- Jeff

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
If memory (no pun intended, ok...maybe) serves me correctly you can allocate more memory to programs on pocket pc's. Like this?....
1)settings
2)system tab
3)memory
4)adjust the memory slider

maybe? possibly?
mike..

now back to Fc's problem.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dern.

And you aren't running XP. I think the fix is out of my league.

I'll bet yam can figure it out.

If you are not up tomorrow I'll go to the geek boards and see what they say. For your line of work this is a "must have" tool.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm running a Linux distro...so this is really dipping into my brain cells a bit. Besides, it's all theory until it works. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mike

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noup, no effect.

I know it is asking for too much, but can somebody download this file from Navman, and send it back to me? Here is the directions:

This is a link to an updated registration application. It is a zip file so you will have to:
http://www.navman.com/assets/personal/onlinereg3.zip

1. download the .zip file and unzip the contents to a folder on the desktop.
2. Do a soft reset of your iPAQ.
3. Synchronize the iPAQ using Active Sync 3.6.
4. Run the registration application from the folder you unzipped the files too.
5. Register as per on screen prompts.

Saaby

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

You get no connection from the PocketPC or from the PC? Is there a way you can call and register it?

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
PC
I nedd to activate the software, not register. And I can;t call for another 10hrs. I am bouncing offa walls here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif